We know it can sometimes be intimidating parking a huge semi, but it doesn’t have to be! So much damage can be done during the parking process, these few tips can help you make it easier.
- Get out and look. Getting out to look at your surroundings is more helpful than you think, especially in a new environment!
- Use technology to study the setting. Use a map app on your phone to check your surroundings at a larger scale. You’ll be able to see further than what you can immediately see with your eyes.
- Check your surroundings. When you arrive make sure to stay alert for anything around you. There could be pedestrians or even other smaller cars coming from all directions around you!
- Look for the tread marks. If someone has already parked where you are looking, there might be tread marks they left behind. This can be a good stencil for you to get started backing in.
- Don’t be afraid to reset. Start again. Better to start again than to fix a hard situation. Take your time to avoid having to reset so many times.
- Know when to say no. If it’s too hard to handle, do not force it and risk damage.