The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) is urging its members to recognize and honor drivers who have left a lasting impact on the trucking industry and within their communities and companies throughout the past year.
In 2022, the Professional Drivers of the Year awards program underwent a transformation, featuring a name change and new cash prizes, courtesy of sponsors Cummins, Inc. and Love’s Travel Stops, as highlighted in a TCA news release.
This prestigious awards ceremony honors five exceptional drivers with a well-deserved prize of $20,000 per awardee, coupled with prominent recognition at TCA events and in various publications throughout the year.
The deadline for nominations is set for Friday, Dec. 8.
The TCA Professional Drivers of the Year will be officially acknowledged at the TCA annual convention taking place from March 23 to 26, 2024, in Nashville.
“Professional truck drivers are essential to the supply chain and delivering America’s goods safely and on time,” according to the TCA website. “The TCA wants to celebrate and recognize those drivers that are best in class with TCA’s Professional Drivers of the Year program. TCA is looking for those exceptional drivers who have made a significant impact over the past year on the industry, their driver colleagues, their community, and the company that employs them. TCA Professional Drivers of the Year nominees should also have superior safety records, be strong role models and have inspiring stories that have made a difference in their lives and the truckload industry.”
Here are the criteria to be nominated for the award:
- Drivers must be employed by a TCA carrier member, and the nominator must be the current employer of the driver.
- The application must be completed online through TCA’s application process.
- Verification of submitted information will involve direct communication with the motor carrier under contract with the nominee, potentially including credit reports, motor vehicle reports, and other necessary background checks.
- Each company is eligible to nominate up to five drivers, with the caveat that only one driver per company can be named a TCA Professional Driver of the Year.
- Any erroneous or false information provided in the application will result in immediate disqualification.
- All TCA Professional Drivers of the Year are responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local taxes associated with the cash award.
- TCA retains all applications for one year, and therefore, no applications or pictures will be returned.
- Headshot photographs (300 dpi) may be utilized for publicity purposes if the driver is selected as a TCA Professional Driver of the Year.
- While respecting privacy, positive aspects of the applications that reflect well on the trucking industry may be utilized for promotional, educational, and training purposes by the Truckload Carriers Association.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
Source: The Trucker