The REAL Women in Trucking organization has opened nominations for its sixth annual Queen of the Road award which highlights the best of the best among women truck drivers. This year, there are some new additions to the awards program including trainer of the year and top rookie driver.
Queen of the Road nominees must meet the following criteria.
• Be a past or present commercial driver’s license holder
• Have hands-on experience in the operation of a tractor-trailer without assistance and the ability to deliver freight
• Fit the R.E.A.L. standards.
R. Reaching out
E. Encouraging others
A. Achieving personal success
According to the organization, the Trainer of the Year is a driver who meets the following.
• Has a minimum of three years’ experience, having driven in all climates and terrains
• Cares about their students’ success and is available to them even after they graduate training
• Is a woman trainer who is actively working with student drivers over the road, on a training range, or in a classroom setting
Last, but certainly not least, the Rookie of the Year is a new driver fitting into the following criteria.
• Has more than six months but less than one year of accident-free driving under her belt
• Is a solo qualified driver who is committed to being safe and successful on the road
Nominations can be made online HERE by submitting a nomination biography before January 13.
All nominees will receive a free RWIT lifetime membership and a limited-edition event t-shirt.