PR Newswire reported that Truckstop Today recently did a survey in honor of National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. They recently released the results of the survey indicating the different benefits and challenges of working in the trucking industry. They reported, “In a survey of 500 U.S. truck drivers, 67% agree that they feel their job is appreciated. However, this sentiment is down from last year’s high of 96% during the height of supply and transport challenges resulting from the pandemic.”
Here are some of the other findings of the survey:
- 90% of U.S. truckers said they use some kind of software or technology to assist with back-office-related tasks as well as load planning.
- 83% said they experience daily challenges of higher fuel costs and working long hours due to a driver shortage.
- 67% of U.S. truck drivers surveyed think the pay levels are high enough to attract new drivers and keep veteran carriers from leaving, and just over 61% surveyed feel they are benefiting positively from the fluctuating spot market rates.
- 67% feel like it is too hard to keep up with insurance-related matters.
- 26% said that spot market rates have made an impact on their revenue.
CEO of Truckstop, Kendra Tucker, said,”Each and every day, we appreciate the unwavering commitment made by our nation’s truck drivers to keeping the country moving and are thankful for the sacrifices they make day in and day out.”
With so many different opportunities to appreciate truckers on the road, here is another one for you to consider! Truckstop/Roady’s is having “Rockstars of the Road” appreciation events! Truckstop is recognizing the hardworking women and men who help deliver consumer goods for the second year in a row by hosting truck driver appreciation booths at three Roady’s truck stop locations/affiliates across the country. While supplies last, truck drivers can stop by participating locations to receive free lunch, fuel gift cards, die-cast trucks, and Truckstop branded merchandise.
- Monday, September 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Fontana Truck Stop: 14264 Valley Blvd., Fontana, CA 92335
- Wednesday, September 14 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – On the Run Travel Center: 10026 South Eisenman Road, Boise, ID 83716
- Friday, September 16 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Baker Truck Corral: 515 Campbell St., Baker City, OR 97814
Click here to learn more about the events.