We know it can feel like a daunting task, but we’ve got everything you need to get started. First, it’s important to know what it could potentially cost you to insure your rig. Insurance can range on average from $3,000 to $5,000 a year if you are leasing onto a motor carrier. If you are under your own authority, it could cost you more at an average of $9,000 to $12,000 a year.
Here are the kinds of coverage you can consider and their average cost annually:
- Auto Liability: $5,000+
- Cargo Insurance: $400-$1,800
- Non-Trucking: $400
- Occupational Accident: $1,600-$2,000
- Physical Damage: $1,000-$3,000
- Pollution/Hazmat: $2,500+
- Truckers General Liability: $600
- Workers Compensation: $3,000-$5,000
Get your personalized quote today!