We’ve teamed up with Shield Protection Products to provide you with resources that you can take with you on the road. They have shared some of the most essential items to have with you while out on the road and at an affordable price too! Here are some items and why you should have them!
- Trauma Kit – An assembled kit is about $50 or you can get the items and assemble for under $50. As a truck driver spending so much time on the road you can be the first one at a wreck and a regular first-aid kit won’t be helpful for the potential situations you might be in.
- Fire Extinguisher – much like the trauma kit, you’ll never know the situations you’ll run into or even potentially go through yourself. Many commercial vehicles already have extinguishers, but we sometimes forget to check the expiration date. Make sure you’ve got a good one!
- Flashlight – This seems like a no brainer but we want to give you some tips on the right on to get! We recommend an LED flashlight that is at least 120 lumens. A rechargeable flashlight is also more efficient in the long run! Flashlights can be helpful for obvious reasons, or to get peoples attention from afar.
- Seatbelt cutter/glass breaker – With the possibilities of running into car wrecks, these are essential tools that can help in emergencies. If you become trapped in your truck or others, this will be a helpful tool to keep accessible in your truck. You can find a seatbelt cutter that is also a glass breaker
- Pepper spray – there are so many ways you can protect yourself on the road but this is one of the easiest ways to do so. Make sure to spray with a range of at least 10 – 12 ft. Different states have different laws as to what size to carry is legal, so please keep that in mind.
Written by TDUSA & Shield Protection Products