Are you in need of some parts and running into issues? Trucking Info recently gave us some insight on how to tackle the online market when looking for truck parts.
- Buy from a reputable supplier: Look into the supplier and evaluate their online presence. Check for qualities like great customer service, fair prices, authentic parts, and an overall hassle-free experience.
- Understand the terminology: Ask questions and define the terms you’re unsure about. It is important that you make an informed decision.
- Understand lead time: If you are looking for a quick turnaround, look into what the lead times are before you place an order.
- Check your order: With the current supply chain issues, it is important to keep track of your orders to ensure you get yours in a timely fashion
- Buy based on price only: Sometimes the most cost-efficient option is the best one. Some end up losing more money trying to replace the bad parts initially ordered.
- Forget about local parts sources: Local dealers are a great way to find good deals and maintain relationships for future business opportunities.
- Forget to ask about return policies: You might need to send back or exchange your parts so it’s good to know what policies you could run into.
- Forget to get all the parts you need: Especially with shipping delays, you want to make sure you get all the parts you need all at once. If not, you might be waiting longer than expected for parts you’ve been needing.
There are so many different aspects to look out for when purchasing truck parts online and you can find out more about it here!