Arlington, TX – A few days ago, the National Weather Service and weather experts reported major flooding across Northern Texas. The floods took place once thunderstorms moved in early this week and dumped about 8-9 inches. Kera News reported the flood going all the way up I-30 near downtown Dallas with local authorities even performing water rescues.
Dallas Fire-Rescue told KERA that they responded to 141 flood and water-related emergencies as of August 22. They reported that people are being good about staying in and staying off the streets during this flux in rain that’s causing the flood.
Arlington city has closed the following intersections due to high levels of water.
- Silo Road at Diamond Oaks Circle
- Silo Road and Betsy Ross Drive
- Lynn Creek Drive
- Webb Ferrell Road at Hanrahan Avenue
- Forest Edge Drive at Division Street
- Davis Drive at Tucker Boulevard
- Lovers Lane and Canary Street
- Border and Collins streets
- Arkansas Lane and Matlock Road
- New York Avenue and Chandler Lane
- Calendar and Katy roads
- New York Avenue and Arbrook Boulevard
- Southeast Green Oaks Boulevard and Collins Street
Click here for more details on the flood in Texas.