The Truckload Carriers Association has announced this webinar to be set for September 29 on the best safety practices as explained by previous award winners. According to a TCA press release, the application period for the TCA’s annual Fleet Safety Awards will open on Oct. 5. TCA’s Fleet Safety Awards honor companies that have demonstrated a commitment to safety through well-rounded company cultures and policies, as well as the ability to maintain among the lowest accident frequency ratios per million miles in each of the six mileage-based divisions. TCA will also host a webinar on fleet safety on September 29.
Carriers placing first, second, and third in each of six mileage-based divisions are selected based on their accident ratios in any given year. Fleet Owner reported that “Division winners are subject to an audit for ratio accuracy and invited to compete for one of two grand prizes. Carriers with annual mileage of 25 million or fewer miles vie for one grand prize, while companies with more than 25 million miles compete for the other.”
The grand prize winners are announced each year at TCA’s Annual Convention, which will occur March 4-7, 2023.
Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
- Oct. 5, 2022: Competition entry period opens
- Oct. 20, 2022: Competition entry period closes
- Oct. 24-Nov. 21, 2022: Verification and auditing
- Nov. 24, 2022: Grand prize entry period opens
- Dec. 9, 2022: Grand prize entry period closes
- March 4-7: Grand prize winners announced at TCA’s Annual Convention