Some might think it’s hard or uncommon to create a culture and environment of creativity for your employees, but it is actually a great foundation for innovation. Fleet Owner shares 5 tips on how to promote a creative environment within trucking.
- Build on ideas: Before agreeing to pursue an idea or not, encourage more conversations around the ideas suggested. Build the idea of how it can better help the whole company
- Practice mindfulness: Being able to give an idea room to breathe will allow you to generate other thoughtful ideas
- Play “What If”: Consider ways to solve your issues in not-so-conventional ways. Think outside the box and ask “what if?” to situations you might not normally
- Embrace diversity: Diversity of thought and background is the recipe for creativity leading to innovation. Connect with people in different teams and departments to learn something new!
- Encourage bravery: Let your employees know that it is encouraged to share new ideas. Innovation and creativity are welcomed!
Click here to find out how you can foster a more creative environment.