Trucking is such a big industry and there are so many cool facts about it! Here are a few facts we wanted to share with you!
Did you know…
- 72% of annual freight transports in the U.S. are due to truckers!
- Trucks need 40% more time to stop than cars because of their bigger weight.
- The trucking industry is expected to grow about 21% over the next 10 years. More jobs + more moving of goods = happy country!
- 6% of truckers are women.
- A commercial truck uses about 20,500 gallons of fuel per year, compared to about 500 gallons for a standard car.
- The trucking industry pumps more than $30 billion into the economic system through direct jobs like drivers and helpers.